I hope this weekend finds y’all well! This weekend has been long and relaxing and I am so happy about that! My weekends so far have been busy with traveling and lots of activities, which is nice…. but I love having time to do absolutely nothing! It’s the simple things in life I guess!
This week I wanted to focus on that, and make something simple and easy that can be used in a lot of other recipes! I don’t know about y’all, but I’m a huge fan of caprese salad, and I decided to go a step above the normal salad. I really did enjoy making this….. and eating it too 🙂
What you’ll need:
- 1 lb of chicken breasts
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of cream (I use half and half as well, but either one works)
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
What you’ll do:
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place your chicken in a baking dish or pan, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add Italian seasoning to the chicken (I like to be generous with my seasonings so make sure it’ll be enough for you to taste it)
- While the oven is preheating, slice the tomatoes and place them on top of the chicken.
- When the oven is done preheating, put the chicken in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In a separate pot, mince and roast 2 cloves of garlic on medium high. When they start to brown, add the cream and stir.
- Once that is stirred thoroughly, add the mozzarella and continue to stir until the cheese has sort of melted.
- Lower the heat to low medium and let it sit for a few minutes. During that time, the chicken should be almost finished.
- After checking the chicken, take it out and let it cool; stir the mozzarella cream sauce and then pour over the chicken.
I am definitely keeping this recipe in my arsenal; it was so tasty and so easy it’s foolproof! Plus, the cream sauce can be used on pasta, roasted veggies, or just about anything you’d want cheese on! Overall, this meal will cost around $15 when it’s all said and done. If you’re making this for yourself, you’ll definitely have some left for meal prep!
I hope that if you make it you enjoy it as much as I did! Good luck with the rest of y’all’s weeks, until next time friends!