Man it feels good to be cooking again! It’s definitely a stress reliever for me, and I have been pretty stressed out lately. Between wedding planning, work, and now buying a new car, I’ve had a lot on my plate. It’s been difficult in that time trying to think of new recipes that are easy, cheap, and real delicious.
However, in honor of all the New Years resolutions and a winter-pocolypse sweeping most of the nation, I came up with something that would be relatively healthy but also a great comfort food. This recipe is a good one because you can kind of play with it however you want. I decided to go with a sriracha curry flavor, but you can make it Italian, Tex-Mex, or just good ole American. Stick around and read the recipe below!
What you’ll need:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Package of veggie spirals
- 1 package of coleslaw mix (basically cabbage and carrots)
- 1/2 Package of cheese (I used mozzarella, but you can use whatever kind you want!)
- 2 tbsp of curry powder (I think I used more than that.. I like mine spicy)
- 1 package of Thai rice noodles
- 1/2 cup sriracha (again, I like mine spicy)
- The Big 4 to taste (salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder… stay tuned next week for that post)
What you’ll do:
- First, oil a pan and turn on medium high heat to start cooking the ground beef.
- Next, add the big 4 to taste, with more garlic powder for some extra taste.
- Continue to cook until it is no longer red, and add the veggie spirals and coleslaw mix.
- While that is cooking, place a pot of water on the stove and cook the rice noodles according to the directions on the box.
- When the veggies and meat are almost done, add the sriracha and curry and stir in, making sure that it is evenly distributed.
- After the rice noodles are done, stir them into the beef and veggie mixture.
- Add in the cheese and stir until melted .
- You are ready to enjoy!
This recipe will make a lot of food, so if you’re cooking for yourself you will have a few days worth of meal prep. All in all, it cost about $15 to make plus leftovers! I really enjoyed this recipe, it definitely filled me up and made my tummy happy. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did if you make it!
Until next time friends!