I hope that your week is going well! Mine is going very well, although it may be a tad slow. It’s wedding season, so I’ve been going back and forth every weekend it seems, and this coming weekend is the last big one for awhile. I’m super excited for it!! So much that Monday felt like Wednesday already.. Great. Anyways, ain’t nothin a little food can’t fix!
I’ve come to realize that I absolutely love cooking with barbecue sauce. If I could, I would make everything with it! But it’s also nice to mix it up a little, so this week I made a very simple recipe that’s both sweet and savory!
What you’ll need:
- Baking potatoes (use however many you’ll need; we made 4!)
- 1 lb of chicken (I bought preseasoned chicken with adobo seasoning-worth it!)
- Optional: adobo seasoning as needed
- 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce of choice
- 1 can of pineapple juice
What you’ll do:
- If you’re making the potatoes with the chicken, you can cook them how you may normally cook them. I usually put them in the oven for about an hour at 375 degrees.
- In that time, cut up your chicken and add to an oiled pan.
- If it is not already seasoned, go ahead and season it.
- Turn the heat to medium high and remember to stir chicken so it can cook evenly.
- When it is nearly done, add the can of pineapple juice and barbecue sauce, stirring until it is mixed well.
- Once the chicken is done, turn on low heat to let simmer in the sauce.
- After that, turn it off and you’re ready to make your taters!
If you make this I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I did!
Until next time friends!