Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there as well! I don’t know about y’all, but our day here was pretty nice. We stayed out in the pool all afternoon while watching golf (it sounds worse than it actually was.. I didn’t fall asleep this time if that tells you anything!). Anyways, it was a nice break from the crazy work schedule I’ve got going on. My first week at my new job was last week, and it was a lot of fun! This next week is going to be crazy though, so I’m hoping I can make it through!!!
So since it’s Father’s Day, we did something special for dinner. Now, my dad loves to grill so he was totally fine with grilling some steaks and bacon cajun shrimp. We were fine with it too, surf and turf is ALWAYS a great option! The shrimp that we made this time though was seriously so good and can be put to use in a myriad of different ways. It’s incredibly simple too, I mean it’s basically 3 ingredients at max!
What you’ll need:
- 1 lb shrimp (I would get the fresh shrimp from the meat counter.. preferably already de-veined.. I never want to devein shrimp again!!!)
- Cajun seasoning
What you’ll do:
- First, rinse your shrimp to get any leftover gunk off.
- Then, in a large bowl, season your shrimp with as much Cajun seasoning as you’d like! We like spicy food, so we added quite a bit!
- After that, stir the shrimp around to make sure every inch is covered.
- Cut your bacon strips in half and wrap them all the way around the shrimp.
- We grilled the shrimp, so we put them on skewers to cook. However, if you are baking them, place them in a pan lined with aluminum foil.
- If you’re grilling, keep it on the grill no longer than 15 minutes, flipping it halfway through. The bacon may take longer, but just eye it.
- After that, take them off the grill and enjoy!!
Oh my goodness y’all, this was SO GOOD. I’m still thinking about them!! This recipe will be a little pricier, but if you’re making it for dad or hosting a get-together, it’s definitely worth it!! I will be making it more often, that’s for sure! If you’re going to bake them instead, I would look online to see how long it will take, because I have absolutely no idea! I would say somewhere around 30 minutes or so.
But anyways, if you make it I really hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Until next time friends, have a great week!