Hello again friends!
It’s only been a few weeks but honestly, it’s felt like months since the last recipe! I know I always say life has been hectic lately… But really it has been. I’m graduating from college in two weeks and I don’t remember the last time I’ve been this stressed about anything!! I’ve been trying not to think about it and focus on passing classes and enjoying my last days of “freedom.”
Lately I’ve been having trouble thinking of great recipes that won’t break the bank.. It’s been frustrating, because I’ve been wanting to stress cook like no one’s business! I’ve had a few cooking blocks and fails but I think I’m on my way to getting back where I want to be!
So this week I made some stuffed mushrooms with a garlic aioli. It didn’t turn out how I thought it would, but I was pleasantly surprised! And don’t worry, it sounds fancier than it really is!
What you’ll need:
- Portobello mushroom caps
- Beef steak
- Diced bell peppers and onions
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Provolone Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
What you’ll do:
- First, grease up a pan and set to medium high.
- Add your beef steak to the pan, and cook your meat until it is mostly done- then add your diced bell peppers and onions until those are cooked as well.
- After that, turn off the heat and preheat your oven to the broil setting.
- Wash your mushroom caps and place them face-down in a baking pan.
- Once the oven is done heating up, bake the mushrooms for about 8-10 minutes.
- When the mushrooms are done, take them out.
- Stuff the meat, bell peppers and onions into the caps and top with provolone and mozzarella cheese.
- After that, put the mushrooms back into the oven for about 2-3 minutes to let the cheese melt.
- When they’re done, take them out to let them cool, and then they’re ready to eat!
So this recipe was incredibly easy, though this was probably not my best work. The recipe I wrote down is the revised edition.. Basically what I should have done the first time. I will say though, it was really tasty! Especially for being less than $20 for a great date night meal!
I really enjoyed this meal and hope that if y’all make it you enjoy it as well!
ps- the garlic aioli is basically minced garlic, the juice of half a lemon, greek yogurt or mayonnaise, and salt and pepper. It’s easy and can be played with in different ways.
Anyways, until next time friends!
ps- I promise I will try to post more regularly, I should have more time in the next few weeks!