I hope your week is going well! Mine hasn’t exactly been the best.. But that’s okay, I’m surviving. Thank goodness the majority of the week is over! This weekend is the first weekend in a month I’ll be able to stay home and not travel, and I am honestly so excited to not have to drive somewhere far.
Anyways, it’s a good thing I saved this recipe until today, because it doesn’t make a lot, but it’s definitely more comfort food and I really needed that. Pasta (even though it’s zucchini noodles instead of actual pasta) is one of my favorite foods to make and eat, and this one was very tasty! If you like pesto, this shrimp pesto pasta is perfect for you!
What you’ll need:
- Zucchini noodles (you can use regular pasta if you want, it’ll just be a little different to make)
- 1 lb of shrimp (I’m not actually sure how much I used, but that would be just fine. You can also use chicken with it if you’re not a fan of shrimp)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbs of pesto
- 1/2 cup of half and half
- Onion powder, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
What to do:
- Make sure the shrimp is thawed out; cook how you would like. I cooked mine in a pan, but it would be great if grilled, baked, etc.
- Once the shrimp is cooked, remove and place on a separate plate.
- In the same pan, mince the garlic and roast it at medium high heat until it is a darker brown color.
- After the garlic is roasted, add the half and half and pesto. Stir and mix together well.
- Add the zucchini noodles and cook, stirring the sauce with it ever so often. Add the onion powder and pepper with it and stir.
- Once the noodles are cooked through, add the shrimp and stir, then you’re done!
I kind of messed up a little.. I forgot to buy mushrooms to go with it but it still turned out really good!
This recipe cost a little under $20, but that’s because the shrimp is more expensive. It’s a great dinner to make for two because it didn’t make as much as I would have liked for meal prep. That’s okay, dinner for two is always a nice change!
I hope if you make this you enjoy it as much as I did!
Until next time friends!
Ps. Happy Texas Independence Day!!