Hello again! I know I don’t normally post this much, but I had to do another recipe! This time I tried my hand at baking, but it’s very simple and very delicious.
I spent a lot of time on Pinterest this week, hoping to make it feel even just a little bit like fall. Here in Texas it’s still close to 90 degrees most days.. And I’m not happy about that. Summer is over, let it be cold outside!!
Anyways, in my attempt to feel fall-ish, I came across a lot of pumpkin recipes. And I, being a basic white girl, LOVE pumpkin flavored anything. So here is my pumpkin pancakes!
It’s incredibly simple. I used my grandpa’s pancake recipe but you can use bisquick or any other pancake recipe you like.
What you’ll need:
- Pancake recipe or bisquick
- 1 can of pumpkin (it’s in the baking aisle)
- 3 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice (you can use more.. I kind of just eyeballed it)
What to do:
- Mix the pancake mix and pumpkin and spice together in a bowl.
- Heat up a griddle or pan to medium-high heat.
- Pour out desired size of pancakes (I tend to go smaller to medium so I have more pancakes)
- Flip and cook the other side.
- Once they’re done in the middle take them off the heat and enjoy!
For some reason when I make pancakes now, I can get them to flip right and it becomes a huge mess. It’s something I have to work on, but I enjoyed this recipe. It was suttle, but with syrup you can taste the pumpkin a little better. I will definitely want to make these again, I love pumpkin!
This is also probably the cheapest recipe I’ve had. It cost me less than $5; however I already had all the ingredients for the pancakes, I just needed the pumpkin flavored items. It should really cost less than $10, which is still pretty darn good if you ask me!
I hope you enjoy my fine China as well; it’s the plateware of champions. I’m also very wired from caffeine. I made a pot of coffee and then my boyfriend came over to surprise me with some of my favorite coffee from a local place. It’s been a good morning so far!
Okay well, until next time friends!
Ps. It’s college game day! <GIG ‘EM>