Howdy friends! Long time no see, I apologize. It’s been a crazy busy whirlwind of a semester, and coming up with some good recipes had to take the back burner for awhile. But no worries, because I am back!
Recently I’ve been enlightened by Pad Thai. Yes, you read that right. But it has become one of my favorite dishes to get at my Asian restaurant here in town. I’ve tried looking for easy recipes for Pad Thai (or at least some that didn’t have a thousand ingredients) but have come up empty handed, and I’m quite saddened by it. However, I came across something that could be used with rice noodles and I was extatic!
So, for this week I made Bang Bang chicken with rice noodles and broccoli. It’s actually a baked version of the real recipe; I will be the first to admit I should not be allowed to fry anything..
Anyways, here’s what you need:
- Chicken breasts
- Rice noodles (can be found in the international or Asian section of your grocery store)
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise (it would actually be better to substitute Greek yogurt but it was too late when my boyfriend told me that it would have been healthier)
- 2 teaspoons Hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Broccoli (I usually get the steamer kind because it’s waaaay easier)
What to do:
- First, put your chicken in the oven to bake. I usually put mine in for 20 minutes at 350 degrees and it works like a charm. You can also sear them if it’s easier, either way is delicious!
- Next, bring a pot of water on to boil.
- After the water is at a boil, put your noodles in and turn the heat off. Stir the noodles around a bit so they don’t stick to the pot.
- They should be done in about 10 minutes or so.
- While the chicken is cooking, get a bowl and add the mayonnaise, hot sauce, sweet chili sauce, and honey. Mix together until blended.
- When the chicken and noodles are done, add it to a pan with your cooked broccoli and stir in the sauce.
- Once the sauce is blended with the food, you’re ready to eat!
I will say, I was expecting this to be very spicy.. It wasn’t spicy, but it was still very tasty and something I will probably make again!
All in all, this meal probably cost me about $15, maybe less. I already had most of the ingredients so it wasn’t a hassle. This is a yummy meal to make for yourself too. If you make all the noodles and chicken together, it’ll give you a decent amount of leftovers to eat on for a few days.
This recipe has a lot of room to play, I guess you could say. Instead of noodles, rice is also a great option. Other vegetables you like other than broccoli would also be good in this, it just depends on your taste. I hope that if you make this you enjoy it as much as we did! I’m excited to play around with it and improve it if I can, but it’s still pretty good on it’s own.
Until next time friends!
This recipe was found at: