Howdy sports fans!
I feel as if I’ve almost fallen off the wagon lately.. Life’s been even more hectic! Moving in and trying to unpack everything while working is kind of a drag honestly. It’s been two weeks and I still have yet to take some things out of boxes! Not to mention, class starts next week and then it’s all downhill from there.
Just kidding, it’s just going to be busy.. Still. Anyways, as school is starting with fall just around the corner, so football season is beginning as well. I don’t know about y’all outside of Texas, but it’s a pretty big deal here. Especially Fightin Texas Aggie Football. WHOOP!
With that in mind, I know a lot of people are going to be hosting or going to watch parties. What to bring to eat?? There are countless options. Have no fear! A new favorite of mine (I discovered this last night) is oven baked honey lime Cajun wings. And lemme tell ya, if you like a little spice you’re going to LOVE these! They’re oh-so-tasty and a great party food (although a little messy I will admit).
What you’ll need:
- 3+ lbs of chicken wings (preferably already thawed out.. I made the mistake of buying frozen an hour before people came over last night.. Not my brightest moment)
- Cajun seasoning (any kind will do)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (sweet baby rays is the best in my opinion)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sriracha (we used chili garlic sauce but still delicious)
- 1 lime
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to about 350 degrees.
- On one huge pan or a couple smaller ones, put some foil down and spray/coat with some non-stick spray or oil (whatever you normally use is fine, as long as it’s sprayed or coated with some)
- Place the wings on the foil so that they’re not touching but to where you can put as many wings as possible on there.
- Once the wings are on the pan, get some Cajun seasoning and sprinkle it on the wings. You want spicy? Cover the wings with the seasoning so that it is more like a rub than a seasoning. But it is going to have some kick to it, just warning you!
- Okay. After that, just place the wings in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Easy peasy! While the wings are cooking, you can add the BBQ sauce, honey, sriracha, and the juice of 1/2 the lime into a bowl to mix up.
- I’m telling y’all, this is an easy one. After the wings have been in there for 30 minutes, take them out and coat them with the sauce, using about 1/2 of the bowl. Stick the wings back in for 10 minutes.
- After that, take them out again and add the remaining sauce, and then proceed to put them back in again for another 10 minutes.
- Once that 10 minutes up, take them out and squeeze the other half of the lime onto them for some added flavor. And you’re done, enjoy!
I’m telling y’all after I made this I was so proud of myself, they turned out better than I could have imagined. Again, they’re pretty messy but what are wings for right? I’m gettin hungry just thinking about them!
I found this recipe at: http://www.mustlovehome.com/cajun-honey-lime-chicken-wings/?crlt.pid=camp.ztqVQicCNqzI
I hope that y’all will enjoy this one as much as I did, I was probably way too excited to try my hand at wings for the first time. But hey, there’s a first for everything right?
Until next time!