I know I’ve kind of fallen off the wagon these past couple of weeks, but things have been very hectic on my end with class and moving out and I haven’t had a lot of time to put something together. But have no fear, food is near!
This week I’m featuring a roast beef grilled cheese! So this dish is something I usually make for my boyfriend and I. It’s a pretty big portion and it’s harder to meal prep with this so I kind of just make it as a stand-alone type of meal. It’s really tasty, but come at it with an empty stomach!
What you’ll need:
- Loaf of sourdough bread
- Roast beef (I typically use store bought lunch meat but you can go all out and make a roast if you want)
- Swiss cheese (store bought single slices
- One bell pepper
- One onion
What to do:
- First, you want to cut up the bell pepper and onion, and then sauté it at a medium heat.
- Once that is done, you can let it cool and build your sandwich!
- I typically put cheese on first, then the meat, and onion/bell pepper mix very last.
- Butter up one side of the sandwich and make sure your pan or griddle is heated.
- Place buttered side down onto the hot surface for a few seconds and flip; keep flipping sides until you get your desired ‘burnt-ness’ of a grilled cheese.
Now, I’m terrible at flipping sandwiches. So it’s okay if you make a big mess and part of the sandwich falls apart. It’s still going to be good regardless. You can add different sides to it as well if you want more than the sandwich; chips and a type of fruit are usually a tasty option!
This meal is probably closer to $20, but it’ll fill you up and you have leftover ingredients to use for another sandwich or meal!
Hope y’all liked this one, I know my stomach is a happy camper right now. I’ll try to do my best to keep up with different recipes I use in the coming weeks!
Thanks and Gig ‘Em!